The Alicia Sunshine Method
Offering Dance, Health and Wellness for Families of the Metropolitan Area & BEYOND!
It is my great pleasure to contact you concerning Beyond Measure LLC; your resource for integrated art, dance, health and wellness. We currently consist of three tiers:
1) Beyond Measure Dance Theater (Professional Artist Performance Training, Ages 17 & Up)
2) Afroetics (Afro-Fusion Dance & Fitness)
3) The AfroKuumba Dancers (Performance Training, Ages 3-16)
The mission of The AfroKuumba Dancers Dance Company is to train members through imploring, igniting and inspiring artistry in diversified art, varied dance genres, health, and wellness. By becoming a member, not only will we help you and your child in some of the most important ways possible— learning discipline, gaining confidence, and expressing oneself artistically— but we will give invaluable benefits:
Supportive Team Members * Performance Opportunities * Performance Training * Dance Training * Annual Art & Dance Concert * Online parenting resources, including select articles from Dance Magazine * CLI Studio Industry Connects
We desire to connect family members of all ages more deeply to the history, culture, and people of the African Diaspora by linking them to the heart of their lives. We will establish this link through dance making, creative practices, and informed health principals and their relevant tools. We host a one year commitment program. Please fill out and return the attached forms. The year-long commitment for The AfroKuumba Dancers is from September 2018-June 2019. Please be mindful of holiday breaks when classes are not in session.
· TUESDAY, AGE 11-16 & UP! 7:30-9:00 PM ▪ LOCATION: GATEWAY FLEX 3139a S. Grand Blvd, Suite 201. Metered Parking and FREE Parking Behind Commerce Bank.
· WEDNESDAY, AGE 710. 5:00-6:15 PM ▪ LOCATION: GATEWAY FLEX 3139a S. Grand Blvd, Suite 201. Metered Parking and FREE Parking Behind Commerce Bank.
· FRIDAY, AGE 5-6 5:30-6:20 PM ▪ LOCATION: GATEWAY FLEX 3139a S. Grand Blvd, Suite 201. Metered Parking and FREE Parking Behind Commerce Bank.
· FRIDAY, AGE 3-4 6:30PM-7:15 PM ▪ LOCATION: GATEWAY FLEX 3139a S. Grand Blvd, Suite 201. Metered Parking and FREE Parking Behind Commerce Bank.
· SUNDAY, AGE 7-10 2:30-4:00PM ▪ LOCATION: COCA 524 Trinity Avenue, Kranzberg Studio. Subject to change.
· SUNDAY, AGE 11-17 4:00-6:00PM ▪ LOCATION: COCA 524 Trinity Avenue, Kranzberg Studio. Subject to change.
· FRIDAY & SATURDAY, Private Lessons Available: $65.00, AGE 8 & UP! ▪ LOCATION: GATEWAY FLEX 3139a S. Grand Blvd, Suite 201. Metered Parking and FREE Parking Behind Commerce Bank.
· Age 17-18 will train according to the adult schedule, Wednesday’s during the week. INQUIRE
Meet & Greet/ Parental meeting. Tuesday, September 4th @the time of each class.
Separate Registration Fee: $10 per student, $15 per family. Non-Refundable.
Monthly fee: $45.00 Cash. $48.00 Card/PayPal Ages 4-5. Due by the 5th of each month.
Monthly fee: $55.00 Cash. $58.00 Card/PayPal. Ages 6 & Up. Due by the 5th of each month.
Please note this group is meeting twice a week.
Payment Policy: Registration and Tuition are NON-refundable. Tuition is due the 5th of every month. Payment methods: Cash, Check, Credit Card Online (add an additional $2.00) and PayPal (add an additional $2.00). A $5 per week late fee will be incurred for each week of delinquency. Members whose checks are returned will incur an additional $25.00. This does not include the monthly tuition fee (No exceptions). Any person desiring to cancel their membership will be charged $50, separate from the month of cancelation.
Link for payments – http://paypal.me/aliciasunshine. CashApp – $AliciaSunshine
Helpful Tool of Research: Most dance studios or teams have separate fees for each class by time. Our payment process is in place to help families to plan for this financial commitment towards your child or children’s artistic development and to help this dance organization run efficiently.
Recital Costume Fee:
$100.00 (child x-small – large)
$110 (child x-large – adult large)
$115 (adult XL)
*If received after due date, a $15 late fee will be charged. Due date will be November 9, 2018. Fundraisers will assist in price differentiations.
Helpful Tool of Research: Most dance studios or teams have separate fees for each costume. Our recital costume fee covers: Space, Assistant, and Recital Location Fees. Fundraisers will cover fees for the electrician, videographer, stage manager, lighting tech, and custodial fees.
The recital location will be confirmed late Fall. The CONCERT DATE IS SATURDAY, JUNE 6, 2020. The location: Grandel Theater (3610 Grandel Square, St. Louis, MO 63103). For all ages, extra rehearsals will begin in the month of April in preparation for the recital. The additional days will be on a Wednesday & Friday.
Dress Code: *Hair must be pulled back for all classes and rehearsals * A black leotard and leggings are to be warn at EVERY rehearsal. Appropriate attire: leotard, tights, pink ballet shoes (canvas or leather, full or split sole form fitted shorts, jazz pants, tight capris, slip-on jazz shoes, modern half ballet shoe. All participants need a solid black short sleeve leotard, solid black leggings, flesh tone tights, black jazz shoes and dance sneakers for the hip hop dance sections. Items are needed by November 9th: pink ballet shoes, jazz shoes, all white sneakers.
Inclement Weather: In the case of inclement weather, especially during the winter months follow the SLPS DISTRICT SCHEDULE. You will be able to find this information at slps.org, on our website www.aliciasunshine.com, on our voicemail, via text, Facebook, and Instagram. The first class canceled due to inclement weather will not be rescheduled. Any additional classes will be rescheduled during our spring break. Students may make up their absence in another class or on the days of extra rehearsal occurring in April of 2018
1. Yankee Candle Fall Fundraiser (October)
2. Youth Pop Up Shop (November 2018 with Talent showcase)
3. Fun Fridays (October 27th, November 10th, December 15th-$10.00 Members, $20.00 Non Members)
4. Company T-shirts: Youth ages 3-5 $15.00; Youth ages 6-9 $20.00; Youth Age 10- Adult $20.00; Adults $25.00!
5. TBD: Raffle & Dance-A-Thon. Father daughter Dance.
Please Save the Date for the second Parent Meeting: Sunday, October 1, at 3:00pm. Location to be determined.
Recital & ticket information: All parents will have to sell 10 tickets. If there are any tickets unsold, parents are required to donate cost value of the remaining portion. The cost will be $16.00 per ticket. Parents, this means that $160.00 must be turned in via ticket sales or a donation. Please plan accordingly to fulfill this requirement by March 31, 20120.
Alicia Sunshine Gbaho